Sunday, May 31, 2009

Wearin' Me Out

I read an interesting quote this morning, again from the writings of Watchman Nee. He says, "The tactic of Satan is to wear out the Saints." He referred the reader to Daniel 7:25 where the word "persecute" literally means "wear out." Do you feel like the enemy is wearing you out in a particular area of your life? Just flat wearing you out?!

Nee continues, "Wearing out has in it the idea of reducing--a little here, a little there--thus, the wearing out is virtually imperceptible (difficult to perceive). We must ask God to open our eyes so that we may discern how Satan desires to wear us out and how we should combat this tactic."

I felt worn out last night. The tactic of the enemy? The whining of three children for much of the day. There is something about a whiny, negative spirit that just gets into my ears and makes me crazy. Maybe I am alone on this one but by the end of the day it can wear me out. I am not saying that my children are pawns of the enemy--I do not fully understand how the spiritual realm works--but it truly wore me out, and I did finally explode. No, no one was hurt but I did look like an idiot.

We are not at the mercy of the enemy's schemes. We as children of God have been given weapons, mighty in Him. I can tell when I ride the waves of my emotions because they inevitably lead to a crashing experience for everyone. So what are our weapons? Prayer and the Word of God! In the very first moments of sensing that "wearing out" we have to bring our thoughts into obedience to truth. Speak His truths out loud so the enemy will flee. Intercede on behalf of those you love. Otherwise there is a good chance that we will look ridiculous at some point, and our witness may be affected.

How is he wearing you out? I pray this day we would have wisdom to identify the enemy's schemes and strength to submit fully to the Spirit of God. Our Lord came and died that you and I could walk these days free and victorious over the power of sin.

Best Blogger Tips


1 comment:

Emily said...

You are not alone...you are definitely not alone. It is a constant struggle to be filled with the Spirit among children who just don't seem to "get it" sometimes. Praise the Lord that we're not alone!

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook