Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bible Nerd

I feel like I say the very same thing everyday in my posts, "Read the Word. Get into the Word." Can we say, "Bible Nerd?!" Oh, but I love the Word. God has shown Himself so faithful to His Word in my life. It truly is a light unto our path and life to our bones. Taste and see.

So I am back in 2 Corinthians, now chapter 3. The basic progression through this letter has been 1. Paul declaring the sufficiency of God to comfort, deliver, and faithfully fulfill His promises in Christ, and 2. Paul praising our God who causes our triumph and makes manifest His sweet fragrance of His knowledge where ever our feet may go. Now in chapter 3 he is going to explain the source of his boldness--the glory of the New Covenant.
  • Therefore since we have such hope (hope in the glory of the New Covenant, ministered by the Spirit of the Lord), we use great boldness of speech-- (3:12)

Paul was standing on and hoping in truth, then speaking therefrom. His mind was set on things eternal--things firm and solid--so he could then speak with boldness.

  • unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face (see Exodus 34:33-35)...when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. The Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory just as by the Spirit of the Lord. (3:13a, 16-18)

That was a mouthful! Let's just remember three truths:

  1. As we turn to the Lord, the veil is taken away--we can now see the glory of God. How awesome is that!
  2. Where the Spirit of the Lord is--within the body of the believer--there is liberty--freedom from bondage and freedom to enter the presence of God. Are you free? Yes! Are you living out of that freedom?
  3. We are being transformed--Greek word metamorphoo, changed into another form--into the image of Christ Jesus from glory to glory. You and I ARE a new creation in Christ. This is fact. We just have to allow Him to do His work in us--from glory to glory.

Today I am going to challenge you--and me--when the stress of life starts to happen, i.e. everyone else wakes up, start meditating on Truth. Say it out loud. Stand on it rather than riding the waves of emotion. It may go something like this, "Your Spirit is within me. I am free from the chains of sin. I am free to enter Your presence. You, O Lord, are changing me to be more like Christ. Praise You, Father! Praise You! Help me have Your vision in this moment. Lavish Your wisdom upon me. Thank You, Lord."

I promise you this, if you will allow Him to transform your thinking in the moments, then you will experience His freedom in your moments. Keep on, friend.

For further nourishment: Exodus 34:29-35, 2 Corinthians 3



Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook