Friday, September 18, 2009

Irrational Requests

The other night I was saying to a few friends that it is the irrationality of my younger children that sometimes baffles me to frustration.

Like when my 3 year old says, "Mommy, I need you to get me some milk right now." "I understand that you want milk, son, but we are driving in the car," I explain clearly and rationally, "and I have no milk to give you." "But I want it right now," he continues, "Will you get it for me?" "Yes," I explain, "I will get you milk when we are home. But right now I cannot get milk for you." "But I want it now," he whines.

They simply do not have the reasoning skills to understand some things; and I have to admit my struggle with irritation in those moments. But then I think, "I bet God looks down at me and thinks the same thing, 'Daughter, I know you want that right now, but it just isn't the time. I see everything and I know exactly what is best for you.'" So do I act like a 3 year old when He says not right now, or do I simply trust?

Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook