Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Overflow

Day 5: Revelation 1:17-19...pressing on

Here is the thing that hit me through my sleepy mind this morning, "I want to live in the overflow of truly seeing and hearing my Lord." John, when he saw a vision of the Lord, fell to his face in awe. Now the reality is that we will not continually, constantly live in awe--we are too distracted by this life. But as we catch glimpses of His amazing power, our responsive awe is inevitable.

I thought back to a passage in Acts when Peter and John were arrested for their faith. When commanded to stop teaching about Jesus they responded, "We cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard." (See Acts 4:1-22)

As we see and hear from the Lord, "evangelism" and "awe" will be a natural response. May we live our days in the overflow.

Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook