Monday, October 19, 2009

Expect Delays

We are all in process--you, me, our spouse, our neighbors, our kids, everyone. I have said it many times before but it is hitting me afresh lately. My natural tendency is towards type A perfectionism--something God is transforming and purifying in me. This tendency causes me to be hard on myself if I am not doing something "perfectly." (No need for long "awwww's"--God is working.)

Take parenting, for instance. My thought life is often bombarded with a plethora of questions, "Was that too harsh? too lenient? too loud? too passive? Should I have done this or that?" But thankfully God sees the heart. My overarching desire through all the uncertainty is to glorify Him--to teach my kids what it means to love the Lord and love each other. And I believe His Word is clear--He will honor a heart that is running after Him.

When we are in the midst of transformation--which we all are if we call ourselves His children--then we will sometimes miss the mark. But it is a process. He is shaping us and teaching us, forming us to be men and women that abide continually in Him. Let's give ourselves, and those we meet in our paths, a little grace and space to move.

"Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." 2 Corinthians 3:16-18

Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook