Monday, March 28, 2011

dare I take Him at His word?


Something in me wants to hold back a piece of my life for the things that I want to do. As if my plan is best and His...sub par.


But what if His words are true. What if His plans are intended to prosper me and to give me a hope. What if He really is working for my good, even if things appear to be straying away from my plans for this day. What if.


Dare I trust? Dare I lay every single thing down and rest in His vision for my tomorrow? Dare I believe with a radical faith, giving Him all of my desires, opening my clinched fists and letting go? Dare I?


His ways are not mine. He looks at the heart and desires my freedom. He knows that best sometimes means He says, "No, my child. Not today." His love precedes His movement. His love covers my day.


What if I actually took Him at His word?





"Blessed is the man whose hope is the Lord.

For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,
which spreads out its roots by the river,
and will not fear when heat comes;
but its leaf will be green,
and will not be anxious in the year of drought,
nor will cease from yielding fruit."

Jeremiah 17:7-8



Bringing it home...

What does it mean to you that we can be like a fruit-bearing-tree in a drought if our hope is the Lord? If we take Him at His word?



Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook