Tuesday, May 24, 2011

the main thing


"The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing." My daddy used to say that.


I've addressed it before, but it bears repeating. We live in a loud world. So much calls our name begging we look and then sit for a while. The enemy has an agenda. Distraction!





Last week I was lured. I felt it heavy on my spirit. Outwardly I did all the same things, but my mind wandered. Even my time alone with the Lord felt distracted. Then only as a faithful Father can do, I heard the words of Jesus whispered in my ear, "You are distracted by many things. But only one thing is needed." (Luke 10:38-42)


Don't you love the chastening of the Lord. {wink} Truly, he loves those he disciplines. So I thank him.


The world will holler for you and for me. Things entice. Stuff draws us in. But only one thing is needed. The main thing.



Bringing it home...

How do you keep the main thing the main thing in such a loud world?

Is there something you need to lay down in order to focus on the one needed thing? No better time than now.



Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook