Thursday, January 29, 2009

Rain, Rain...

When did I stop desiring to go play in the rain? Yesterday my daughter came to me and asked if she could "get bundled" and go play in the (cold) rain. "Sure," I said, thankful that she wasn't expecting me to go outside with her.

She pulled on her brothers camouflage rain boots, cozied in her pink winter coat with the fur trim, and grabbed her Dora umbrella. As she stepped outside her song began, and it didn't stop until her feet came back onto dry carpeted ground. I watched (and videotaped) with a grin on my face and a lump in my throat. She was outside alone, in the cold rain, amidst muddy, soggy grass, singing.

Of course this made me ponder. Some days are hard, full of rain clouds and wet shoes. And yes, some days are really hard, almost unbearable. But here is the thing. God doesn't want us to live in defeat, soaking wet, miserable. I am not saying that difficulties and even tragedies won't come. They will! Simply because we live in a world that is fallen, tragedy will come. But God! He made a way for us to walk in victory, in joy, with singing, in spite of our circumstance. He wants to be my and your heavenly Daddy, giving you and me the strength to stand, the strength to sing, even in the rain.

********************************************************************************************
Paul's words to the church at Philippi, written while he was imprisoned, "Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:4-7

Best Blogger Tips


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could got out and play in the rain with Hailey who would watch Bryson and Ryan. Hailey you are a preious young lady. Granny B can hardly wat to see you Saturday at your church. Have fun with all your days. I got a email game today and one of the questions was which day of the week do you like best? Well I said I like all of them. Every day is special you can make it that way you have to control over that.

Love you bunches
Granny B

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook