Sunday, February 1, 2009

Heal the Wound

I've got this song stuck in my head. It is called "Heal the Wound" by Point of Grace. (It is definitely better than having the Barney song stuck in my head). In this song they sing, "Heal the wound but leave the scar; a reminder of how merciful You are. I am broken, torn apart. Take the pieces of this heart. Heal the wound but leave the scar."

Have you ever done anything, or been through anything, that you would initially beg God to erase? Then as time progresses you can see how He used it for good and you really aren't sure you would want Him to take away the past?

That is where I am.

Last year was a rough one and my family went through some really tough relational issues. But God has brought beauty from ashes. He has brought life from seeming death. I can honestly say that I wouldn't change a thing. Not because what happened didn't hurt. But because He proved His all-sufficiency through the fire. He proved that as I (or you) trust Him and seek Him to be my everything, He will take me to places of peace and joy this world cannot offer...just as He promises.

He has healed the wound, left the scar, but reminded me of how merciful He truly is.

********************************************************
Follow the link to hear a portion and/or download:
http://www.amazon.com/Heal-The-Wound/dp/B001H4N6YU/ref=sr_f2_1?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1233488708&sr=102-1



Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook