Thursday, February 19, 2009

School Daze

I never thought deciding on a kindergarten for my first born would be such an issue. It's just kindergarten, right?! Tying shoes, writing letters, building friendships, carrying a tray of questionable food; so why the struggle? I think it comes down to control. The thought of not being in control of the vast majority this child will hear and see makes me a bit nervous. The bubble I have her in will most likely burst in the first few weeks of school life.

What do I want? I want to teach my kids how to respond to this world that often rejects our God; how to be a light in a dark place; how to be a blessing where God leads. But she's my baby. Can I really send her amongst the wolves (figuratively speaking)?

And there you have the dilemma.

So what's the bottom line? My heart's desire is that my kids would grow to love and honor the Lord. That's the point. That's the goal. To teach my kids to move from dependence upon me to dependence upon the Lord; that's it. So I am praying for wisdom; God show me what is best for this one...

Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook