Monday, May 11, 2009

Words from the Wise

Three sayings that have proved faithful in my walk with God over the years:
  1. From Dr. Charles Stanley: H.A.L.T.--never get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired. Our defenses drop when our physical and emotional senses are challenged; so we should halt and address those issues. Though if you are the parent of young children you may live in a constant state of exhaustion--and God is gracious.
  2. From Dr. Paige Patterson: You cannot coast through a single day. Meaning, we cannot live on yesterday's faith. We need to "die daily" to ourselves, daily "take up our cross," and daily follow Him. This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalm 118:24)
  3. From Dr. John Piper: Bleed Bible. When I am pressed by the trials and demands of this life, I want to bleed Bible. I want the truth from God's word to flow from my heart and mouth. This means that my mind and spirit must be saturated with scripture. It gives life to the weary and strength in the journey.

I hope these words encourage you in your own adventure with God this day. Remember, He is faithful and motivated by love. Seek Him with all your heart and He promises to be found.



Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook