Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Now Moments

Do you have those days where you think, "I will just never get it right!"? Knowing the Word does not equal victory. It isn't a magic pill you swallow that then produces righteous living. Faithfulness and victory come through the submissive heart--hearing and then submitting to the will of the Father. The submission part is the challenge.

Ultimately it is the moments of this day that matter. "This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24) If we do not allow the Word--by the power of His Spirit--to penetrate our heart, submitting our wills, then we will never experience the life Christ died to give.

I could preach to the world day-in and day-out, "Love, love, love! Forgive, forgive, forgive!" but if I do not submit myself to Truth then I have missed the point. I have missed the freedom found in Him.

The truth is that God does not want our supposed righteous acts, He wants our hearts. He wants to be present in the moments of our lives. He desires to hear you and I cry out, "Daddy, please, I cannot do this on my own. It must be You! Be my strength and reflect Your great glory through my moments this day." That is the intimacy that pleases Him.

So today, when that "neighbor" of yours and mine (at work, at play, at home), steps on our--desperate for a pedicure--feet, why don't we choose to submit to the Spirit of God and allow Him to love rightly and justly through our lives. Then the world in which we find ourselves will see His great power and glory.

For further nourishment: 1 Corinthians 13, Psalm 116

Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook