Thursday, September 24, 2009

His Vision

I had to leave my kids in the car today. Not for long--don't call the authorities. I had been listening to whining and crying, many irrational requests, and had reached my point of "doneness"--I know it is not a real word, but it fits. So I pulled into my garage, closed the garage door, left the kids belted in their seats, and went inside for just a brief moment in my laundry room--just me and God...and faint demands coming from behind the closed doors.

From our hearts our mouths will speak. "Lord, give me Your vision for these kids."

God has been teaching me so much in the past year and a half about my thought life. What we think will turn into what we do and say. At this moment, when my frustration peaked, my thoughts were not God-honoring. When Christ came to this earth He challenged the heart. Just because our outward man does all the "right" things, does not mean our heart honors Him.

I did unbuckle my kids--for the record it was less than a minute later. They really hadn't changed that much. They weren't saying, "Yes, ma'am; I love you mommy." In fact both their demands and my mental battle continued. But God is faithfully teaching me how to submit to the power of His might, bringing every thought captive to obedience. Thankfully He is graciously patient in the process.

Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook