Tuesday, May 18, 2010

devoted hands

My man painted our kitchen cabinets this past weekend. Black. It used to be a sea of brown. Now it shouts with character. In fact, I think the kitchen is smiling.

There were a couple of times I stopped and watched my man's strong hands, calloused from years of toil. As his mind strategized, his fingers moved about the wood and the tools...on purpose. Hours--days--later, he accomplished his goal with near-perfection.

Today I pause to remember his hands. Hands devoted to the building and preservation of our home. And our family.

I love and appreciate you, babe.

****************************************************

I join with Emily at Chatting at the Sky for this "Tuesdays Unwrapped" post. Follow the link below to read what others are pausing to remember this day.

tuesdays unwrapped at cats

Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook