Wednesday, May 12, 2010

worth remembering.

This God that causes fire to lap water from a dripping trench is worth remembering.

I'll tell you, forgetfulness ashamedly marks my character. In fact--CONFESSION--I forgot my mother-in-law's birthday a couple of weeks ago. Oh, I felt awful. We have since made it up to her, so you can drop your stones.

But needless to say, I have to be intentional. I must take conscious steps in order to remember. And that spills over into my own adventure with my Lord.

Psalm 78 lingers in my mind these days. The author speaks of the Israelites, "How often they provoked Him in the wilderness, and grieved Him in the desert! Yes, again and again they tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel. They did not remember His power..." (vv. 40-42a, emphasis mine)

Wow. Sobering.

We can grieve God, provoke Him, and yes, even limit the Almighty with our lack of belief. And one way we stir up belief in our being is by remembering His power--remembering the work of His hands in our own little lives.

Today I choose to remember Him. I choose to remember His miraculous provisions. I choose to remember His faithful answers to prayers for His glory to shine. I choose to remember specifics.

He is worth remembering.

Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook