Tuesday, May 11, 2010

unwrapping His depths

Our finite minds and wayward hearts cannot exhaust His depths.

The gym proves to be a place where the Lord speaks to me. Quite paradoxical when you think about the dynamics. Amidst flesh-focus and body comparisons, His word pierces. Yesterday it was through a brother in Christ.

While I pressed through the pain of a shoulder cramp on the treadmill, a pastor friend came over and motioned for my attention, "I was just praying and the Lord gave me a word of encouragement for you." For me? It never ceases to amaze me that the Lord God Almighty--reigning over the universe--wants to speak to me, a lowly speck of sand in all eternity. Yet He does and He does.

After our brief but powerful exchange I spent some time asking the Lord for details--for clarification. While my legs ran to nowhere, my heart and mind wandered to quiet infinity. And He faithfully met me in that space.

The depths of this God cannot be exhausted. I don't want to ever be so proud to think I have actually reached His end.

**************************

This Tuesday I am joining with friends at Chatting at the Sky to unwrap a gift sometimes unnoticed. Today, for me, it is the eternal waters of our amazing God. Click on the link below to share your own place of celebration.

tuesdays unwrapped at cats

Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook