Saturday, June 19, 2010

the day I spoke to the clouds

I spoke to the clouds the other day. Literally.

Weeks before we had planned the shoot for my promo video. A video where I share a little about myself and the beat of my heart when it comes to "ministry." At 2:00 in the afternoon, three hours before the scheduled outdoor shoot, the sky was black. Not dark blue. Black with a brewing storm. And its predicted departure from the area was 7:00 p.m.

So I pondered before a very big God.

I remembered what Christ did on that boat thousands of years before. The waves crashed. The boat tossed. The disciples feared. And Jesus...slept. Then when the disciples woke Him in a panic, He chastened them for their unbelief and then rebuked the wind and the waves into a silent calm.

But that wasn't all.

The text also came to mind when Jesus said that with faith the size of a mustard seed we could tell the mountains to move from one place to another...and they would obey. I decided to take Him literally. Why not?!

So I stepped out onto our porch and spoke to the clouds. I told them to move North. I explained that we had a shoot that afternoon, for the purpose of making God's name famous, and that a storm was not included in the plan. "So move," I said--kind but firm.

Then the storm spoke back with a rumbling. So I further explained, "Don't take it personally. Don't be angry. Just quickly move North." I then proceeded with my preparations by faith.

When I got into my car a weather alert came on the radio for Virginia--North of us!!! And the announcer warned of hail and torrential winds, encouraging those in the affected Virginia counties to seek shelter. Sorry.

As I drove to the studio the sun shined bright. And I praised my Lord.

Why not just believe what He says? Right?!

Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook