Tuesday, June 29, 2010

toe-stepping season

They step on my toes. Continually. Like my feet bear a target, and it's a game. But it's only life. And my toes suffer.

My mom says that one day it won't be my toes. It will be my heart. Yikes.

Today is Tuesday. Over at Chatting at the Sky on Tuesday's we take a moment to remember the small things. The things often overlooked in the day-to-day. Today I pause to remember this toe-stepping season.

We drove across town last night on our way to a little family time. As we passed billboards, bars, and life happening outside the windows, I couldn't help but think, "I don't want to wish away these toe-stepping moments."

Life outside our air-conditioned car proves harsh and demanding. Stealing of innocence. Life "on the inside" boomed with song, conversation, and yes, a little whining. But seemingly safe...and under the control of seat harnesses. One day, after blinking a couple more times, they will be out there.

A whole new place of trust in my Lord.

So today I choose to enjoy the toe-stepping season. With all the "mines" and "nos" pounding from the lips of three little ones. With all the bruised toes. "This is the day the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24, emphasis mine.)

**************************************************
Click the link below to see what others are pausing to remember.

tuesdays unwrapped at cats

Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook