Monday, August 30, 2010

from where I came

Walking on the face of this planet is a (fairly large) handful of people who have seen me in myself. Seen me in pits of addiction and spiritual deprivation, desperate for meaning or love. I mean real depravity.

It humbles me to think of those seasons. Life lived by fleshly whims. It also reminds me of that which is truly praiseworthy in me, namely that which my Maker has placed upon me.

Anything worthy of accolades comes from my Father. Anything deserving of boasting finds its source solely in Him. Believe me. When left to myself I choose self, but He replaced my heart.

Paul so profoundly touches upon this transformation of a life. "When it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb and called me through His grace, to reveal His Son in me..." (Galatians 1:15-16a)

If there were ever a single verse on the power of God unto salvation, this may be the one. He alone wakes the dead from their slumber. He alone reveals Truth. In the fullness of time, by His grace, His voice calls-forth into the dark and leads one to the place of Light--His Light--to reveal His Son in us. In me.

This is my testimony. I once was blind, but now I see. I once lived my hours in submission to fleshly passions, but God. When it pleased Him, He revealed His Son in me--for my good and His glory.

Those years of self-absorption left a wake of hurt. Memories that can easily humiliate. His grace to sustain and redeem absolutely amazes me.

Just remembering from where I came.

Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook