Friday, August 20, 2010

go with me.

Unless He goes with me, I don't want to go.

**********

He speaks of the promised land. The land flowing with milk and honey. The land of blessing and abundance. The land of desires fulfilled.

True. His original terms referred to the Israelites and their actual promised land. But even today, to His children, He offers a land. A land of freedom and beauty. A land where promises become realities.

But what if He decided to stay behind? What if He sent us forth to receive the promise, while He lagged behind due to our "stiff-necked" tendencies?

Back in Exodus 33 this very situation presented itself and Moses responded in desperation to His God.

"If Your presence does not go with us, do not bring us up from here.
For how then will it be known that Your people and I
have found grace in Your sight, except You go with us?
So we shall be separate, Your people and I,
from all the people who are upon the face of the earth." (vv. 15-16)

I don't want the promises if He does not go with me. I don't want the land flowing with milk and honey if getting there means my heart grows proud or selfish or desiring of glory. The land is only beauty if my Maker is there.

"Lord I humble myself before You. Unless Your presence is upon me, I do not want it. In You alone is the land of promise."


Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook