Sunday, November 7, 2010

the fatherless

It is orphan Sunday. I'm home with my kids today due to the much unwanted stomach bug. Ughh. But it has me thinking and thankful and burdened and... praying.


There are more than 143 million orphans in the world.



Kids that when sick do not have a mommy or daddy's lap to lay their head upon. Kids who crave love and acceptance. Kids who will go off to college without a home base--without a mom to send her care packages. Kids who eventually grow to be adults, still soul-desperate for love. Just like me.

An overwhelming thought to this finite mind of mine. Yet the compassionate Father calls His church to the task of caring for and easing the burden. He instructs us to "defend the fatherless." (Isaiah 1:17) Bringing life.

Join me today in asking Him His opinion. What would He have you and me do from our state, from our city, from our neighborhood, from our home...from our heart?


We can affect another.


Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook