Tuesday, November 30, 2010

his new do


We did it. We shaved his head. Not because gum or silly putty stuck tight. Not because military school was our next step (at least not yet). He just kept asking.


So we did it.



For the past two months or so I would catch him in the bathroom with his head under the sink, wetting his hair so he could comb it back "flat-like." He didn't want it so "fluffy," he would say.

It is one of those things. When you allow your child to do something they want to do, even if you would choose differently. Even if you love their curls.

While the clippers buzzed I pulled for a Mohawk. (Like a Shaun Groves kind-of-look. Not the thuggish-in-need-of-a-good-whippin' kind-of-look.) But in spite of my excitement and gel promises, my boy rejected the idea.



So here he is. The before...





And the after...






I drew the line when my little guy asked to be next. I'm just not ready to part with his soft, black strands. He seemed OK with that.





Bringing it home...

How about you? What have you allowed your kids to do while biting your tongue?



Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook