Thursday, November 4, 2010

hope arises

I have been in the book of Judges for the past week. And let me tell you, in many ways it is depressing. Keep reading, it gets better.

The people of God witnessed His miraculous power and steadfast faithfulness over and over, yet "they did what was right in their own eyes." And they continually became enslaved to sin.

Uplifting, right?!

But the sobering truth? They are me. I do this. I can allow myself to step down into those same pits and eat that moldy prison food. Pits where God has already showed up and delivered. I can fall into those same patterns of bondage, forgetting who He is...and who I am.

Yet in the midst of all this gloom and doom, hope arises. Like rays of sunshine after a good rain.

When we cry out and lift our hands in surrender, Father answers. He remembers we are a vapor. He wipes our dirty face. He binds up the wounds of disobedience.




His mercies are new every morning.




After days where I have overreacted towards my kids or allowed the pressures of dailiness to affect His gift of peace, this hope is life. In Christ, we are clothed with righteousness.



Today is a new day.


Choosing to mark it with praise.

{}

Linking up with a sweet sister-friend, Katie, over at "Do not Depart."



Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook