Friday, January 14, 2011

chasing love...to Suffolk, VA


Yesterday's post definitely stirred up some comments--both on the blog and in my everyday life. I had a conversation with a dear friend of mine that caused me to go one step further in my pondering of food.

Yes. Our bodies are the Lord's temple (how graciously cool is that?!) so I think it obvious that we respect that temple and fill it with healthy things. However, everyone is in process. Everyone. Including me. Including you.

In whatever convictions He lays on our individual hearts, we must allow love to be our guide. We are under grace, not Law.



photo credit - flickr photo by pink sherbet photography



"If your brother is grieved because of your food, you are no longer walking in love. Do not destroy with your food the one for whom Christ died...for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit." (Romans 14:15-17)



May love for our brothers and sisters
be our ultimate drive
.



So speaking of love for my sisters, I get to go share with some lovely women in Suffolk, VA today for a women's conference. If you are in the Suffolk area and want something encouraging and invigorating to do with your girlfriends, then come on out! I would love to meet you!


Here are the details...


Southside Baptist Church
917 Carolina Road
Suffolk, VA

Friday night, 7-9 p.m.
Saturday morning, 8:30 - noon

Tickets are $12 and include Saturday breakfast.

Come and let Him renew your heart!


Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook