Monday, January 24, 2011

fully engaged living


She has green flecks in her big brown eyes. And I want to see them. Too often I'm tempted to nod and "mmm, hmm" without a glance in her direction. Pasta insists I stir or laundry lays wrinkling in the dryer. But she needs me fully engaged. They all do.




photo credit - flickr Rolands Lakis



Today's moments will fade into yesterday's memories before my coffee completely cools. If I'm not purposeful, intentional, and mindful, tomorrow will grace the calendar before I impress their wills towards Him. I could miss it. I don't want to miss it.

To live life face-to-face with those He places in our path. To meet them in that moment--the right now moment. To see earnest cravings and know the why to their tears. I think that's His way. The way of love.

Life is too short to waste it on mediocre living. I pray that He uses me up to pour love and grace and mercy and compassion onto those that walk next to me.


I will fail.

Probably in the next hour.



But my deepest desire beckons Him to touch others through my wanting hands. So here I go, about my today. Desiring to live fully engaged. Are you coming?



Bringing it home...

How do you intentionally engage the moments with those beside you?

Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook