Wednesday, January 5, 2011

these days {a guest post}


I just know that this guest post from a dear sister-friend will bless you as it has me.


********


These are hard days.

Days where it feels like I did not accomplish a thing. Yet at night I lay my head on the pillow, exhausted.

Days where I feel like a failure.

But then I look to my Father.



I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
who made heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1-2



I realize my Helper sees me in all my struggles.

And I see grace.





After looking to My Help, I look again at these days with a new perspective. Much is being accomplished.

There is great value in these days, as I choose obedience in the roles He has given me. Comforting babies, meeting needs, directing little hearts to Christ. Sitting at His feet, hiding His Word in my heart.


Spending these days knowing Him,

and making Him known to my family.


And really, what is more important than this?




Bringing it home...

Do you struggle with measuring your days with what you have (or have not) accomplished?

What are the roles that the Lord has called you to put first, and be obedient in?


********


Pastor’s wife, and mother of three, Katie Orr loves to teach God’s Word. Longing to equip others to walk with the Lord for a lifetime, Katie has discipled women and taught small group Bible studies for over thirteen years. She served on staff with Campus Crusade for Christ for seven years, before God called their family to pastoral ministry.

She blogs at Do Not Depart, where you can receive encouragement and tools to abide in God’s Word.




Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook