Monday, March 14, 2011

sifting through the advice of onlookers



I wrote this post in response to my time in the book of Job.
I was not referring to any of the precious people that God uses to
speak words of wisdom and edification into my own personal life.




People mean well. They do. They hear of our lot and have an opinion. They speak out of love or concern... or fear. They hold views based upon experience, pressuring with "shoulds" that ultimately birth from the need to control.


They mean well. They do.


But I ultimately want my God's opinion. I want to follow His lead no matter how radical that path may seem. I want to walk by faith and not by sight. I long to hear Him and then obey with my next step.







So I take the opinions of those-who-mean-well to His throne room. I lay them down and ask Him if the "shoulds" are the best. And I wait there--believing Him to guide.


I don't want to be one who responds hastily to the pressures of life. I don't like who I am when I make choices out of unstable emotions. I desire to live thoughtfully. Prayerfully.


He is on His throne. He knows the beginning from the end. He sees my momentary decisions. And He shepherds His sheep. I choose to wait on Him.



Bringing it home...

How do you handle the myriad advice from others?



Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook