Thursday, March 10, 2011

comparing my to-do list with His


I hold up my list up next to the clock and it seems impossible. How can I possibly check everything off before the sun sets?

People need loving. Stuff needs cleaning. Errands need running. People need loving. But I don't think I can do it all. And I'm not supposed to.





Tasks often make it to my list that He never intended for my today. In an effort towards external perfection I cram line items onto the page. And it quickly becomes my list. Not His.

We each have enough time to do everything He intends. The key is in the listening--hearing His promptings in the moments of my day.

When I follow His lead, the walk is quieter. The pace is slower. The love is heavier.

His list is best.



Bringing it home...

How have you seen this play out with your own "to-dos"?
How can we know and follow His "list" for this day?



Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook