Monday, May 2, 2011

birds and mice and snakes {oh my}


Spring has definitely sprung around our house.


A couple of weeks ago my kids discovered a nest in one of their sand buckets with six baby bird eggs lying expectantly at the bottom. The mama wren flew in and out, guarding and waiting. Then last Friday, they hatched. They are teeny-tiny, ugly and precious. And I just can't stop myself from peeking in on them throughout the day.




Then on Friday afternoon my man calls to tell me that he found a baby mouse in the garage. A mouse?! Mice are icky and I run from them. So I wasn't thrilled at the thought of having one as a temporary "pet."


But when I got home, this little mouse sucked me in with its cuteness. It is less than two weeks old with its eyes still shut and when it's all curled up it's about the size of a little bouncy ball. The thought of releasing it caused my mother instinct to rise.


Something then possessed me and I decided to pick up the little guy and feed it with a dropper. {I don't even know who I am anymore.} This God of ours, making baby-everything too cute.


For the record, I draw the line at baby snakes.




Spring. The time when new life births.




Our God is a God of newness. Beginning with salvation and continuing with transformation. He does not remain static. Just after that winter freeze comes the warm breeze beckoning new life. Flowers bud from once frozen ground. Color bursts from the dim brown.


Someone needs to remember the newness today.


"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth;
and the former shall not be remembered or come to mind
."
Isaiah 65:17


Bringing it home...

How has he shown you personally that he is a God of newness?



Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook