Monday, May 12, 2008

Did I say that?

As a mother do you ever have those moments that you stop and think, "Did I just say that?" or even better, "What did I say?"

Last week I went with my kids, my sister, my niece, and my mom to pick strawberries at a local farm. As we were waiting to pay for the strawberries my middle son started messing with a trailer hitch as only a 2 year old can do (by the way, the best way my mom describes him is that he could tear up an anvil). I look over and he has pulled a big, metal, rusted thing off of the trailer hitch. So I quickly say to him, "Put that...thing...back...over there." I had no idea what it was or where it went. He just looked at me with his big blue eyes as if to say, "Mother dear what in the world are you talking about." My sister and I couldn't help but laugh as once again it came out of my mouth, more stern this time, "Bryson, put that...thing...back!" What was I talking about? I don't know.

Then the other day my daughter carried a small green New Testament Bible to the car saying she wanted to "read" it. How sweet! My angel daughter wants to spend her time reading the Bible. I must have really raised her well. Then within less than 60 seconds of her brother getting into the car I hear her yell, "GIVE ME THE BIBLE, I HAD IT FIRST...MOM HE IS TRYING TO TAKE THE BIBLE....WHAAAAAAA!" Then from my son, "BIBLE, BIBLE, BIBLE, BIBLE, WHAAAAAA!" Then out of my mouth comes, "NO ONE IS GOING TO READ THE BIBLE IF YOU BOTH DON'T STRAIGHTEN UP!" What in the world was that?! Are you kidding me?

Today another instance occurred: as I was getting dressed, (trying to find something that fits from my "regular" clothes after having my third baby), I looked over at my 3 year old daughter and asked, "Does this look OK?" What am I thinking? Have any of you ever actually seen a 3 year old pick out her clothes. There is a whole new standard for matching from a preschooler's mind. My fashion sense has really declined.

So for all of you moms out there thinking on your feet, you are not alone!



Best Blogger Tips


1 comment:

Amber said...

Amen, sista!

Some of my own favorites are:
"We don't close our friends in the refrigerator." "Stop chewing the mulch." "Don't eat the shampoo." "We don't eat boogers!" "You can only suck on your toes if they are clean." "We only touch our own bottoms." "We are ALL DONE praying!!"

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook