Saturday, May 31, 2008

Dead Stumps

Finally! Yes...I take big breaks between blog entries! Life just happens.

A Quick Word...by Lara ("quick" because I am tired and must go to bed soon):

There is a house in my neighborhood that has a dead tree stump in their front yard. What makes this stump so noticeable are the plants that have purposefully been planted in a neat circle around the dead tree stump. Did I mention it was dead? To top it off (literally) there is a ceramic dog sitting on top of the stump. WHAT IN THE WORLD?!

It reminds me of life. No matter how much we "decorate" or try to camouflage the dead tree stumps in our own lives, they are still dead. Why not just dig them up from the roots and plant grass? In my own life I see certain mindsets or thought patterns that are "dead" and need to be replaced with thoughts that are "true...noble...pure...lovely...praiseworthy" (Philippians 4:8). Thoughts that are alive and life giving.

Let's uproot those stumps!

Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook