Tuesday, June 1, 2010

releasing the chains of control

The chains we keep tight and rigid. "This arm here. That arm there." The desire to know who, what, when, where, why, and how, all while juggling laundry and dishes, comes instinctively to us women. But it wears me out trying to control everything. Probably because I'm not supposed to control everything. So how do we stop?

In one simple word: trust. In nine words: Dance the dance of trust with a faithful, sovereign God.

We cannot lift our hands in worship if we are entangled in chains of control. Chains we desperately seek to bind on those closest to us--especially our men. Chains that Eve passed down through the generations once banned from that garden of delight.

God is patiently teaching me to release, to drop the chains I am tempted to bind around those beside me. And then we can all breathe.

Freedom flows when we allow those next to us to live their own adventure before a holy God. It is me before my Lord. You before your Lord. May we give people some space to move around. God is big enough to handle it.

So tell me, how do you struggle with control-freakish issues?


*****************************
Joining in the conversation at "Chatting at the Sky" today.

tuesdays unwrapped at cats

Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook