Monday, May 31, 2010

a moment for soldiers

I wonder if those who knew them feel like they are forgotten. Like their ultimate sacrifice for unknown faces remains on unfamiliar soil, far from the hearts of those still living.

I forget. I drink my coffee in Panera, type away on my laptop, and put on my sweater because my skin is too cool. While some carry guns, protecting my freedom. They fight to live and give their bodies to better a nation.

I'm not going to act like I understand. I'm not going to pretend like I know the taste of dust and the smell of gunpowder. I'm not going to imply that I comprehend the images that many have forever imprinted on their minds.

I am just feebly attempting to say "thank you." In these moments I remember, and others do as well. You are and were appreciated.

Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook