Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Go, Mommy, Go!

Has a 2 year old ever told you how to drive? From the back of my van I often hear, "Go mommy!" as I am stopped at a red light. "I can't go, baby, or I will run over that car in front of me." Then a fleeting silent moment is invaded yet again, "Go, mommy!" He just doesn't get it, does he?!

The truth is my little boy is just like me. If I am not careful I will yell at God from the back seat of my life instructing Him on how to drive. (There is just something wrong with that picture.) Here's the thing: God sees all. He knows more than you and I. There are times that if He does what I am demanding we are going to crash and someone is going to get hurt.

The goal should not be to turn 16 and get my driver's license so that I can be in control. The goal should be to simply allow Him to drive; allow the breeze from the open window to kiss my face and rustle my hair, with eyes closed, enjoying the ride.

Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook