Saturday, June 13, 2009

This Process Called Life

This morning I write in the aftermath of my daughter's dance "recital" last night. Actually it was made very clear that it wasn't a "recital" but a "Night of Worship." Her teacher clarified her desire for the dancers to dance for an audience of One. It took my breath away. All of the dances were beautifully worshipful. Seeing my daughter raise her hands and look to the sky as the words "Come to Jesus" filled the room, stirred an inward prayer and desire I hold for her little life.

That's the point. Oh how I want those I love to experience the fullness found in the life submitted to Jesus. That they would each with abandon raise their hands before this loving, holy God, pressing deep, allowing the joy of freedom to wash over them. That is my prayer. But this will take time. Pressing deep and experiencing fullness happens one victory after another. As believers we are not automatically "there." We do not accept the sacrifice of our Lord and then wake up the next morning free and victorious. Life is a process.

I love the words of CS Lewis, "poetry replaces grammar, gospel replaces law, longing transforms obedience, as gradually as the tide lifts a grounded ship." The abundance Christ offers is available to the one who trusts; but the experience will be a steady progression in this fight of faith, as ourselves are slowly shed and daily crucified.

My prayer for us is that we would be able to proclaim with the Psalmist, "O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory. Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips shall praise You." (Psalm 63:1-3)

Fight the fight of faith, friend, from glory to glory. Oh, He is good.

***************************

P.S. To my faithful readers, I will be leaving this morning for a week with my family at the lake (yeah!). Though I pray my time with the Lord is still sweet, and I am certain my thoughts will make it to paper (or at least the computer screen), I do not know if the internet will be available. So upon my return you may have an ear full. Talk with you soon.

Best Blogger Tips


1 comment:

GiftsfromGod said...

Lara, I've missed your wisdom and am so thankful to have come across it here on your blog. It is like a balm to my soul tonight. Much love and many blessings to you and your family, Shea

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook