Monday, August 10, 2009

The Lassoed Dinosaur

The first words out of my middle son's mouth this morning were, "Mommy did you see that dinosaur outside on top of the car?" Since I had already enjoyed my coffee I was able to quickly identify his use of imagination. Sharp, aren't I?! I asked what color and he said, "Green with big claws, and he wants to pinch me?" "You really should go tell daddy about this," I encouraged, wanting to make sure my husband was able to enjoy our son's new found love of pretending.

"Daddy, did you see the dinosaur?" he again asked, eager to explain. Then after their short banter, "Daddy, the dinosaur wants to pinch me. Will you take him to work with you?" "OK," my husband said, eyes quickly shifting to me for support. We all went to the garage to see daddy, and the dinosaur, off for an honest day's work.

My husband lovingly joined wholeheartedly into our boy's imaginary world and tied the rope around his hitch and then lassoed the dinosaur. We then waved good-bye as the two of them headed down the road and out of sight.

A few short hours later my son asked, "I wonder what the dinosaur is doing at daddy's work today?"

Oh, to be a kid again.

Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook