Thursday, December 10, 2009

Consider it Done

Caleb waited forty-five years. FORTY-FIVE--not minutes, years! God had made him a promise forty-five years prior--when he was forty years old--and when he was eighty-five, that promise was fulfilled. Forty-five years later. Yikes. (see Joshua 14:6-15)

I can hardly wait forty-five seconds for my cup of coffee to be reheated in the microwave, or forty-five minutes for someone to respond to my "urgent" email. To wait forty-five years blows my time frame right out of the water.

We truly are a microwave society. Most of the time we want things yesterday. And any delay in our plan sends us into a panic. But God's timing is not our own. He is working thousands of things every second of every day all while bringing about His ultimate will. If He said it then it will come to pass. We can rest here--calmly and confidently.

The other day I found something that I had documented over seven years ago. It was a vision God impressed upon me while at seminary for writing and teaching. "April, 2002: Father, the closer I get to you the more I understand you are calling me to teach and write the life lessons you work out in me." Seven years later the ball is slowly beginning to move. But His timing and ways are absolutely perfect.

If He said it then it will come to pass. All His promises in Christ are yes and amen. (2 Corinthians 1:20) May we keep our eyes set on Him, trusting His timing and provision for He is ever-faithful.

"Not a word failed of any good thing which the Lord had spoken to the house of Israel. All came to pass." (Joshua 21:45)

Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook