Thursday, May 27, 2010

i'm just as crazy

The other day I read a friend's blog post entitled "in which I prove my crazy." And in response I simply say, "you are not alone."

In her post she exposed how her mind visualizes a calendar year, and at the end asked, "Do you think I'm crazy?" Personally, I just felt comforted.

So here is my crazy mind confession. Ever since I was a little girl, I would lie in bed at night and think about numbers--already insane, isn't it? At some point I decided that I wanted to say the biggest number ever...all in my head. So I started repeating, "9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9..." until sleep overtook. Then the next night I added to my number "9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9..." with the astounding insight, "I can always make it bigger!" This madness continued for years.

Though I do think about other--more mature and life-altering--things these days as I lay in bed, I periodically remember my never ending number with a touch of pride at my accomplishment. Then I add yet a few more 9's to make it even larger.

Now, with a slight concern that your answer may be "yes" I ask, as my friend Emily asked, "Do you think I'm crazy?" Am I all alone in this number world? Are there others?

Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook