Tuesday, May 25, 2010

words to Him

Today I am glad for words.

Words describe a savory dish causing our mouths to water. Words paint a sunset with pinks and oranges indescribable bringing unexpected tears. Words defend the fatherless stirring love for the weak. Words express our position and impress upon our world. Words change minds and comfort the broken and lift the weary. Words bless, move, bind, and transform. And make us laugh.

Words hold power.

May our words build and not tear down. May they encourage and not destroy. May they color and not melt. May they fill the painful gap rather than add to the despair. May they bless the Lord at all times. And when they don't, may they praise Him for His mercy undeserved.

My words to Him this day...

***************************************

I want to want You more
than any superficial thrill;
More than dreams that bury deep
and promise yet to fill.

I want to want You more
than any longing in this space;
More than things my eyes can see
which time can quick erase.

I want to want you more
than any one my hands can hold.
More than ew's and ah's from
judges giving out the gold.

For You alone break chains that aim
to tangle in my feet.
You alone pour grace and love and
power, then repeat.

****************************************

Today I join Emily at Chatting at the Sky for "Tuesdays Unwrapped." Click the link below to see what others are pausing to remember.

tuesdays unwrapped at cats

Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook