Monday, July 12, 2010

sowing seeds

"Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy." (Psalm 126:5) A promise.

I am in the midst of a summer Bible study by Kelly Minter on the life of Ruth. In recent pages, she had the reader meditate on this verse--this promise--from Psalm 126. And it begs the question, "Into what am I sowing?"

Sowing and reaping is a continual, reliable phenomenon in this life. What we sow we will reap. That's how God designed it.

If I sow tomato seeds I will reap tomatoes--hopefully. And even if my brown thumb hinders their growth, one thing is certain, I won't reap green beans. What we sow we will reap.

Personally I will tell you that I am sowing into my family. Sowing seeds of love and seeds of truth, asking for God's grace to knit them into the individual hearts of my kids and my man. For the glory due His name.

And I am sowing into this calling that God placed upon my life years ago. A calling to shout on the rooftops--or on Twitter--what He speaks to me in the closet that His Spirit might be stirred within His children. For the glory due His name.

There will be seasons of weeping in this unpredictable life. Seasons where the fruit cannot be seen and the labor seems futile. But the promise remains. Keep sowing, even through the tears, and trust the Maker of heaven and earth to bring forth the harvest.

So I leave you with the question I asked myself, "Into what are you sowing?"

Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook