Tuesday, November 23, 2010

a new journey


Excitement and terror mix together into a heart-glob as I set out on this new adventure. I am joining some other inspired souls to memorize the book of Philippians. Not a typo. The entire book. All 104 verses of it. Yikes.

Katie Orr over at Do Not Depart set the challenge out there last week and I took the bait. As of yesterday, the journey began.

Excitement stirs because I know the power of His Word. We live in the midst of a spiritual war. Have you felt it? The Word is defined as our sword in this daily battle for the freedom His Son died to give.



Unless we engage the battle,
we will be taken prisoner
.




Memorizing, meditating, and marinating in the Word of God enables us to lift the Sword and take what is rightfully ours in Christ. Peace in the storm. Joy from the ashes. Love regardless.


Excitement stirs.


But terror simmers because my brain cells have progressively jumped ship with the birth of each child. When caught off guard, the clock ticks by as I try to recall each of their birthdays. Oh and don't even ask me their birth weights. I'm telling you. I have issues.

This task is beyond my human capabilities. It will only be completed in the power of His might. And I believe He will be faithful as I offer myself to Him.

The plan is to learn five-ish verses each week which puts us finishing up in April. So I ask,



do you want to join the journey?




Come on, sister-friend. Let's do this crazy thing.



Bringing it home...

How have you personally seen the Word be your Sword in this daily battle we call life?



Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook