Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I want to be like her when I grow up


I want to be like her when I grow up--because she looks so much like Him. I told her that yesterday. We met on an ordinary Sunday just after I stood at the podium humbled to think that I could teach her anything from the Word.


She reminded me of my own grandmother.


After my teaching, she came over and smiled. She grabbed my hand tight, then spoke a word of blessing. It left me near speechless.





He is knitting her onto my heart. What a gift.


She speaks and I want to sit low and listen. She shares pieces of her life--even those severed pieces--and I am awed at her solid faith. She reads books of heavy theology, knows Him deep, and spreads grace. And pours me a cup of hot tea.


I want to be like her when I grow up--because she looks so much like Him.


We need the wisdom of those older in the faith. In a world that races by, treasure lies in their stories of knowing Him.


If you don't already, ask Him to bring someone into your life who is years beyond you in faith. Then take the time to listen to their stories. Let them affect you.


I plan on telling you more of this precious jewel...




Bringing it home...

Do you have someone like her in your own life? How have they blessed you beyond words?



Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook