Thursday, February 17, 2011

staying on schedule in our very scheduled world


The lady at the pharmacy asks in such a benign way, and I feel my face get red.

I know this. Don't panic. Just think slowly and calmly.

"December 31st, 2007," I say with partial confidence and only a moment's hesitation. You would think that the date of my third child's birth would be more firm in my mind. But I have calendar issues.




photo credit



I recently missed an appointment...again. So after a talk with my God, I implemented some practical things to do so I can stay on schedule in our very scheduled world.

I figure there have to be others like me--those with calendar deficiencies. So this is for you, three quick calendar tips to help our kind.


  1. Keep an up-to-date calendar. Google calendar has become my friend. It allows you to easily enter recurring events, like birthdays and work schedules. And you can access it from anywhere.

  2. Refer to it every morning. You would think this is a no-brainer, but I have to make a conscious effort to look at my calendar every morning. I told you: issues.

  3. Do not talk about dates unless you are looking at your calendar. I get into trouble if I discuss dates without actually having my calendar in front of me. Do not commit unless you have confirmed it first.



Missing important dates can hurt those around me. I want to be a blessing.


Bringing it home...

What other calendar tips have worked for you? Come on, friends, I need help.



Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook