Wednesday, April 6, 2011

is He leading you to do something radical?


My oldest drew this picture and she only wanted one thing, "for daddy to see it when he gets home."



(I admittedly didn't have to put this picture in the post, but I think it's adorable.)





My man was in Haiti last week on a medical mission trip. Doesn't he look handsome in his scrubs? And no. He's not a doctor. He's a firefighter.




He and a dear friend spent most of the week serving at a Cholera clinic with Samaritan's Purse. And they have many stories to tell from their time in this place-that-still-suffers.


But instead of speaking the details in this space, I want to encourage you with two truths by which God has encouraged me.



  1. God calls. He prompts. He pricks. He leads. As we delight in Him, He places desires upon our hearts. He sets His will in motion.

  2. He blesses obedience. When we follow His lead, stepping out in faith, He equips us in the call. He carries and sustains. He fills. He flows.



My man was called which began as a seed of desire. And then he was blessed last week as he "put his feet in the water" by faith. I was blessed in the watching.


In the end our God brought full circle that initial desire that He had laid upon my husband's heart, to His ultimate glory. And something about that amazes me.




Bringing it home...

Is He calling you to step out in radical faith? Oh, I would love to hear!

Let's follow His wild lead and come up under His blessing.



Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook