Sunday, August 2, 2009

Look at Her Shoes

So rich--His precious Word is so very rich.

This morning I awoke with a dialogue already going. "Father, why do I compare myself with others? What is Your Word to me today about that? What is Your heart toward me, Lara?" And His Word started flooding my mind.

I have realized that I do battle thoughts of comparison. Yes, they can be completely superficial comparisons--things that have absolutely no eternal value, like, "Her shoes are too cute. My shoes are cute but the fake gem is about to fall off. How cheap. Her shoes are not tearing up and her shirt doesn't have food gooped up on the shoulder from her toddler." Comparison.

But then there are the comparisons of a weightier value--comparisons with others in regards to our calling. You know, when it comes to the thing that drives you, the passion within, the calling you sense upon your life. It may be as a mom, teacher, executive, whatever, but these comparisons go deeper--they touch the core of whom God created you and me to be; and it must break the heart of God. "I'm too old to do that. I don't have enough time. I don't have the contacts or resources." Oh, but God is very, very big and completely able. We are simply called to trust and walk.

I was led this morning to Isaiah 43. As I read I kept shaking my head saying, "God, You are amazing. Who am I?" Friend, our God has designed you and me with purpose. Nothing is haphazard or coincidental in the giftings He has graciously bestowed. Whether it is something He allowed or ordained, He is sovereign and He has His children's ultimate best in His unsearchable mind.

The first verse of 43 says, "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine." Then He says, "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you." He loves His own; and not just as a whole. He extravagantly loves you and me individually. He has called you by name and me by name; and He has purpose and plan for each of us, for the great glory of His Name--and there is no better reason!

Father, forgive me for comparing myself to others.

He has placed you and me at this time, at this place with purpose. Even if it is a consequence to sin, His desire is intimacy. If we will be faithful with our moments, then we will live in the fullness of His details. Get to know His face. Rest in His love. Trust His leading through the sea. And as I have said before, I will continue to preach to my spirit, "If He has called then He will equip." Keep on, friend. He is faithful and good.

Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook