Monday, August 3, 2009

Vapor

The older I get, the more quickly time passes. Why is this? When I was a kid it seemed like an eternity to reach my next birthday, now, in a blink, we move from winter to winter. So strange.

Psalm 39:5b says, "Certainly every man at his best state is but vapor." Vapor! Dust. In light of eternity we are here on this earth for but a moment. Yet God knows our every breath and every thought and every word before it is on our tongues. Mind blowing, isn't it?!

We are here for just a moment, so the question becomes, "What are we doing with this moment?" Where are our eyes fixed? I love reading passages written by Paul. He had such passion, vision, and fire. He knew that the Truth of God was life. He knew that the power of God was able. He knew that the will of God was good, in spite of his circumstance.

In his second letter to Timothy, he closes by explaining how all except one earthly companion had forsaken him, "loving this present world (more than that which is to come)." (2 Timothy 4:9) Yet his own testimony is this, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." (4:7)

As I was reminded this weekend, our Father will not strip us of our individual will. We all have choice. But there is a choice that is best--set our eyes and minds on that which is eternal. This world and everything within will never fulfill that place in our beings designed for God alone. He wants you, friend. You.

So...how goes your moment?

Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook