Wednesday, March 23, 2011

if only He would hurry up


I like things to happen when I think they should happen. Let's just be honest. If God followed my timeline, then He would have fulfilled all of my valid desires yesterday. Or the day before.


Sadly I watch my three-year-old writhe on the floor--an emotional wreck--and I see me. Granted I hide the temper tantrums better than he, but my mind can easily throw a fit demanding my way. Demanding He hurry up.





But "He does not make haste." Another wise word from the woman I want to be like when I grow up.


His movement is precise and timely. He waits until every single piece of the puzzle lines up exactly as He desires. All the while He actively cultivates the ground of our hearts, building character and faith. And once we finally settle, resting in His Father hands, the rains begin to fall.


The promised flowers birth.


He has not forgotten. Those desires He buries within us will indeed make their way into our days. In His time. However He redeems our moments. Even the "waiting" is purpose-filled, intended for our good and His ultimate glory.


He does not make haste.


Bringing it home...

Are you waiting on Him to move?

How do these wise words from this precious woman encourage your own heart?



Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook