Wednesday, February 23, 2011

the secret to peace when others are living your desires


We spoke on the phone and she said it in passing. Without any loud to-do. But it stuck with me. Her wise word, laced with grace and humility, hung in the air of my days.


I introduced you to this precious jewel last week. She has walked through some rough terrain that could easily tear open our fragile soles. Yet her word to me was contentment.


Contentment. The secret.








"Lara, I have learned to be content. My God only gives His children what is ultimately best. So I trust Him fully, come what may."


I felt that lump in my throat. I want to commune with Him like that, wholly content with the hand I have been given. Rain. Or shine.


Discontentment declares of my Lord, "You do not know what I need. You must not love me as much. You surely have forsaken." All lies.


The cure: inhaling trust and truth, exhaling fear and envy. Knowing that where He has me today is ultimately for His greatest glory and my greatest good.


Content.


"For I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content:
I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound...

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:11-13



Bringing it home...

How have you struggled with discontentment?

What truths about our God empower us to rest where we are today, contented?



Best Blogger Tips


No comments:

 
Home Twitter RSS Feed Email Subscription Facebook